There are a whole host of reasons why a gamer would get the XBox 360 Error 74 on start up.
This is an aggravating error because instead of getting the normal menu screen, a black screen is displayed and the message is tattooed on the screen. At this point you just want to see how you can solve this problem as soon as possible so you can get back to gaming.
This article will try to answer your questions and in the process offer some tips that will help you get your system running again.
There are many gaming forums that have reported these errors. During my own research, I’ve found out the most common problems include:
* Failing Hard drive.
* Problems with console connector cables.
* Issues with the video card.
* Possible faulty external device like a USB mini drive or an external hard drive.
Things to troubleshoot:
1. Troubleshoot the hard drive – Before starting up the console, remove the hard drive and see if the problem occurs. If the problem goes away, snap the drive back in and restart the console. If the problem appears then the culprit is the drive and should probably be replaced.
2. Remove any external drives – If the problem disappears then the external drive was probably the cause.
3. Check cables – Test the cables. First remove them all and then reattach them one by one. If the problem still occurs, try borrowing a friend’s cables. If the problem disappears then your cable probably needs replacing.
If the video card is the problem, then it will need to be repaired. You have the option of calling Microsoft and sending the console in for repairs. A $150 service charge will be charged to those with expired warranties and will take 4 weeks to ship back the console. The other option is to fix the unit yourself with the aid of a step-by-step repair manual.
Using an easy-to use fix guide to quickly repair the XBox 360 Error 74.
An investment will need to be made. But a choice will need to be made. Pay a high service charge or do it yourself. The manual is nowhere near the price of the repair charges from Microsoft and the turn around time is hours not weeks. When you get the guide, you will be able to follow the repair procedures by video or pdf. It’s your choice.
Why don’t you have a look at the guide that has given gamers a reason to smile again? Visit: Guide to fix XBox 360 Error 74.
When repairing this error, remember to: troubleshoot the hard drive, remove any external drives and to check the cables. If you need repairs, you can pay the high service charges and wait several weeks or get the guide and have the unit fixed in a few hours.
How long has this problem prevented you from playing? Don’t you think it’s time to take things into your own hands? Visit: XBox 360 Error 74.